The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education is a state-level board examination conducted in the state of Chhattisgarh, India. The board was formed by the Chhattisgarh Government School Education Department to improve the quality of education in the state. The board was set up under the Act 1965 (No-23) on 20th of January 2001. Here, we have provided complete detail about the Chhattisgarh Board. It will help students, parents and teachers to get complete information about the Chhattisgarh Board Secondary Education at one place.
About Chhattisgarh Board
CGBSE stands for Chhattisgarh Board Secondary Education. Its headquarter is in Raipur, and it has four divisional offices. These offices are located in different places in Chhattisgarh. CGBSE has started conducting board examinations independently from the year 2002. The board was constituted to develop and promote secondary education within the state. More than 8 lakh students register for the CG board examinations every year.
Main Function Of The Board
One of the primary roles of CGBSE is to conduct the board examination for class 10 and 12 students. There are various other roles and responsibilities of the board mentioned as follows:
1) It conducts High School / Higher Secondary / Higher Secondary Vocational / Physical Training Journalism Certificate Examination and D. Ed. for the students.
2) It directs and instructs the government for the preparation of textbooks based on the latest syllabus for the Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education.
3) The board recognizes the high school and higher secondary schools located in Chhattisgarh.
4) The board is responsible for taking all the necessary steps to provide quality education in the state by raising the level of Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education.
5) The board encourages the teachers to deliver a good quality of education and inspire the students for learning and other curricular activities.
List Of Exams Conducted By Board
The board conduct the following level of examinations:
- High School (Regular / Self-employed / Professional)
- Higher Secondary (Regular / Self-study)
- Higher Secondary Professional (Regular / Self-employed)
- Diploma in Education (Regular / Correspondence) Biennial Course (after passing Higher Secondary)
- Diploma in Physical Education (Regular / Correspondence) Biennial Course (after passing Higher Secondary)
The board has its official website https://cgbse.nic.in/ where students can get all the details related to the academics. They can view the website in Hindi and English language. Students will get the complete information such as syllabus, unit-wise syllabus, teaching plan, blue print, question paper scheme, evaluation plan, sample question paper, sample answer, question paper of the year 2020 etc., on the board’s website. CGBSE has made all this study material for free downloading so that students can easily prepare for their exams. They can take the help of these study resources and can plan their studies in advance. They can practice well for the board exam by solving the previous years’ question paper and sample papers. Students can refer to the blueprint and sample answers to know the answer writing skill in the exam so as to score high marks.
Like Chhattisgarh board, there are various other state education boards in India. One of them is BSE Odisha board which is the Board of Secondary Education Odisha. Students are advised to go through all the details of the board before taking admission in it. Also, they should check out the curriculum details such as textbooks, prescribed syllabus, etc., at the beginning of the academic year.