Work from home has become the new normal, meaning you all need a dedicated work space in the home. A space free from all the distractions, where you can work in peace. Also, the home office should be a place that inspires productivity and gives a boost to creativity. Whether you are eager to turn a room in your home into your office or already have a space for working that you wish to remodel, we have ideas for you.
Designing ideas for home office differs from person to person. Some like it simple, while others like it a bit trendy; just like their profession. So, we have made an effort to include design ideas for every taste and as many as we could, so you can find the ones that best work with your space and nature.
- Hang a Shelf Directly Above The Table: If you want to make your working table look bigger and broader, expand it by adding a sleek shelf at an eye-level just above the table. Wooden shelf is recommended because of the rustic charm. Decorate the shelf as you like, put up quotes, display artworks, or use it as the place to store your gadgets and other essentials.
- Decorate With Greenery: Infuse breath into your home office by decorating it with plants. Having plants around is also beneficial in boosting productivity, enhancing your mood, and helping you work dedicatedly. Now, as per the location of your office, you can choose indoor plants for office. If it is a well-lit room, then line the window sills with sun-loving plants like Kalanchoe, Garden Croton, Ponytail palm, etc. If you want low-maintenance plants, go with succulents, air-purifying snake or spider plants.
- Optimize The Space: Working in a cluttered office is not good. Always keep your home office organized, whatever is the space requirement. If it’s a big room, not make it messy by adding unnecessary things. Even if it’s small, implement design ideas that make it look organized. Put up cabinets and organizers in the room to hide all the clutter and make it look good. Put up cabinets that go up to the ceiling in the corners or hang wire racks on the wall, etc.
- Add Metallic Accents: Modernize your home office look by incorporating many gold, silver, and rose gold accent pieces. Think of table lamps, plant misters, trash bins, plant vases, or any decor item. If you are using plant vases, bring indoors lucky plant for money like Money plant, Jade plant, Lucky Bamboo to attract prosperity.
- Minimalistic and Contrasting Tones: If you are a minimalistic person, then let your personality shine through your home office decor. Go minimal with your decorating. A white desk with a contrasting antique chair. A wall hanging above the desk, a cabinet, trash bin, and a potted plant in the corner is all you need. Make sure the colours of all the accessories in your room are a bit contrasting to each other, like choose warm and cool tones.
- Have a Cork Wall: If you do not want pin-up boards or cabinets in your office. Then, have a dedicated cork wall. Then pin calendars, notes, to-do-lists, important receipts, and some photographs and quotes on it.
- Bring a Pop Of Colour: Make a statement by adding one coloured piece, like a bright coloured desk chair. If everything in the room is white, black or brown, add coloured table lamps, or maybe have coloured walls with monochromatic furniture.
- Lit it Up: Office space that is well lit, breathable, airy, and spacious tends to do the magic.Natural light makes space look bigger. Put curtains or blinds on the window. Whenever you need light, roll them up. You can also use fogged window film and then roll up the blinds. Then, keep the furniture in the room that’s needed. Use colours that make it look bright and big.
- Paint The Wall Bold: Paint the focal wall of your office in a bold colour. It could be the wall behind your desk or opposite wall. Choose a colour that best goes with your accessories in the room.
- Coordinated rug and curtains: Style your room with patterns or colours by adding coordinating rugs and draperies. Then, dress up the room with decorative elements in the same hues.
Which one did you like the most?